Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Crimp in My Blog Style


This is a picture of our new dining room table and chairs, it even has a hutch to go with it. Lee and his Dad put it together and it fits perfectly into our dining room. This is the first time I've had a table to eat on in so many years, I'm not sure what to do about it, but right now the cats like to sleep on it and I put a couple of paintings from my nieces on top of it. It's got many uses!

I'm finding that life interferes with blogging quite a bit. I'd like to say I have time to blog at least once a week, but that is simply not proving to be true. Maybe it's just that the flowers are blooming and the weather is getting better and when I do get a chance, I'm outside or dreaming about something.

Moving has been a challenge for us. All these changes in so little time are scary and they take some mental time to wrap our heads around them. I'm kind of a schedule-type girl in some ways and I like having a routine, and right now we just haven't found much of a routine. We still hang out with friends a lot, but most of the time I just have so much house stuff to do, I'm not quite sure where to start. Then I sort of give up and watch 'Family Guy' because I can't figure out which to do first. This is when I realized that we've only been here for a month, so of course I still haven't completely settled in yet. We've accomplished more than most would have this month and seen and used nearly all of our new hood. Some of it isn't so great, like the sushi I had for lunch at Mori that is 2 blocks away. Don't Go. Ever. And the fact that restaurants close around 10pm, a little early for our taste. On the flip side, there's lots of good coffee. I like my bus better-- there aren't any crazies that sit next to me. And I live with Lee, so I'm the luckiest girl on earth.

Still, having a routine is boring to some, but for me it allows me to do things like blog more. And to feel better. To walk more, and to be more authentic when I do see people because I won't be so scattered. So I guess this is where we are at in the moving process. We've moved, but not really adjusted, and I guess that takes much longer. Until then, we keep our heads high and take one step at a time.

3 comments:

April said...

oh it can be hard to set up time to do stuff when you first move. Perhaps you just need to put doing house stuff into your routine? In the long run you'll feel better if you get something put away rather than watch another family guy. Can't you watch those on dvd anytime?

routines don't have to be boring, it just depends on what you do! My morning routine lately is including a morning stop for a crumpet and tea. it makes me so happy!

Find your routines that make you happy, and put them in your life.

That's all!

Anonymous said...

Love the table sis!

Unknown said...

Oh I love, love, love the table! And now I know what you do with all those paintings you get from your nieces. Maybe I should do that with the ones I get too, hmmmm....