Tuesday, April 15, 2008


I think we are finally settling into our new home and really, a new lifestyle. I caught a mild cold again, strangely enough, so I still haven't been walking around every day or going out and blogging about Greenwood life. I was supposed to walk around Greenlake tonight with my sister, Sarah, but it's raining and I can't get to my rain jacket yet (it's deep in the closet behinds 6 feet of boxes of books). Good excuse though, eh? Most everything is unpacked and I'm very proud to say that we've taken about five Suburban full loads to the Goodwill--I refuse to be a pack rat anymore! Lee and I are starting fresh and have many things we've meshed nicely together plus we have furnishings to get for our house which makes each weekend a little more exciting. Our first purchases were a new flat screen LCD TV and a wall hanging Lee found that we fell in love with. I have a picture of it above--it's a wrought iron framed chalk board that says 'Bon Apetit' where we can write quotes that inspire us or what we will be having for dinner when guests come over. Every time I look at it, it makes me smile.

Tonight we are ordering in from a local Chinese place, Chef Liao. The first one we tried before we had anything unpacked was Greenwood Mandarin Chinese, which was that old school kind of Chinese food that's good for hangovers. I will definitely be ordering from there again, but we have to test out the other two that deliver to see what the final verdict is. I am so fascinated with delivery after living in Montana and Wyoming for way too long. Most people take this for granted, but growing up, I never had a pizza guy come to my door. Even in college, we had to drive to some chain restaurant before 8pm to get some grub. I was always an urban girl at heart and I'd watched many shows where the hip city girl had chinese food delivered while she watched movies with her man, or the group of guys that had their favorite pizza delivered when the big game was on. I longed to be one of those people. I just like knowing there are people around me, awake, living, eating and hanging out with their loved ones. I don't like feeling like I'm out in the middle of nowhere and everyone falls asleep before 9pm-- freaky and weird. Then someone comes out of the woods and kills you with their ax. Hate that!

Today is also our 10 month anniversary and Lee brought me home a lovely bouquet of pink roses. I have met the sweetest, funniest guy on earth and he's all mine! I'm leaving for Hawaii next week for a girls trip with my Mom and Kimberly, so I'm getting all the hugs and kisses I can from him since I know I'll miss him like crazy. I know he will be thoroughly entertained by all of our friends plus busy with house stuff. Like cleaning the closet out. And taking the garbage out. And changing the cat litter. (Hint, hint).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Message recieved. Closet, garbage, cat litter, will do.

Chuck said...

I have a better idea. Four words for ya, Lee. Guitar. Hero. Big. Screen. I'm supplying booze.

Jenny + Mark = Love said...

10 months already? I really thought it had been longer than that. It feels like Lee has been in your life forever. That's a good thing!
By the way, we would love to have you and Lee go to a Mariners game with us. May 16th, you can purchase discounted tickets through the girls school. I will email you the info. Have a great trip. Love the sign too, great choice.