Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Melekeliki Maka



That's 'Merry Christmas' in Hawaiian--I may have butchered the spelling. Anyway, I've always loved that Hawaiian Christmas song from 'Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation', so even though it's April, I keep singing it in my head over here.

This morning Kimberly and I went for a walk to the farmers market, one of my favorite things to do at home and just as fun in Maui. We got some banana bread, guacamole and honey bananas--it's so great to have local, fresh food again. I'm tired of winter veggies in Seattle, but I still miss it there. The weather in Hawaii really isn't that difficult to adjust to when you wear a bathing suit most of the time and your hair is pulled back and there really is no reason to wear makeup because it just melts off. Very beachy, I guess. I'm an island girl at heart when it comes to wearing flip flops and just hanging out and eating fresh fruit, but that's about as far as it goes.

Last night we stayed out late on a sunset cruise where we saw some whales, then we went back to Whaler's Village and watched Kimberly try on 100 bikinis. The sales clerk loved us since we were being funny and we were tired and sweaty. Also, a bird pooped on Kimberly twice in one day--that was a highlight of mine. Well, I'm off to the pool and then the beach for snorkeling. Pray I don't get eaten by a shark.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see someone else in the family is getting pooped on besides me! Birds have pooped on me more than I can count!

Anonymous said...

Hey! you've been back for a week! What the heck are you doing? Why no blog posting???

Anonymous said...

Aku hanya menambahkan feed Anda ke favorit saya. Saya sangat menikmati membaca posting Anda..

Anonymous said...

Terima kasih, pekerjaan yang baik! Ini adalah hal yang saya harus miliki..